For this module you need a supervisor at the institute for geoinformatics, and a supervisor at the industry or government partner visited.
Before you start the external semester, you need to write a learning agreement that contains the following information:
- your personal information (name, matriculation number, postal address, email…)
- in which institution or company do you complete your internship (postal address, email, website…)
- when do you complete your internship (date from … to)
- what do you plan to learn; what will be the content of your activities; what will be the time planning of the activities, possibly including the working hours agreed upon
- who will be the supervisor at the industry or government party; who will be the supervisor at the institute for geoinformatics
- for each supervisor, the frequency of supervision meetings that has been agreed upon
- whether the supervisor at the industry or government party will (i.e., has agreed), or will not write a short evaluation report that will help the supervisor at the institute for geoinformatics to grade the module,
- and due date of the external semester report.
Finally, each party (external supervisor, ifgi supervisor and student) should sign the learning agreement.
Before the external industry of government project starts, the learning agreement shall be sent in a single email to the following four persons:
- the supervisor at the industry or government party visited
- the supervisor at ifgi
- the module responsible (Prof. Dr. E. Pebesma)
- study course coordinator Karsten Höwelhans